Better air quality in your home, office, school and car can reduce allergy and asthma triggers. But since you spend one-third of your life in your bedroom, it makes sense to focus your cleaning efforts there first.
Take these steps to help control your indoor environment and reduce your exposure to allergens in your bedroom:
- Use Certified asthma & allergy friendly® allergen barrier bedding.
- Wash sheets once a week in 130°F water.
- Never allow pets on your bed.
- Never allow wet or moist clothing to pile up.
- Use a Certified asthma & allergy friendly® air cleaner.
- Keep pets out of your bedroom.
- Replace mattresses every 10 years and pillows every 2 years.
- Vacuum floors and mattresses weekly.
Learn more about indoor allergy control to better manage your asthma and allergies.
The asthma & allergy friendly™ Certification Program is an independent program administered by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) in partnership with the international standards body Allergy Standards Limited (ASL). The program offers an app to help empower consumers to make informed purchasing decisions when choosing allergen-avoidance products.