Although hard-surface flooring is better suited for reducing asthma and allergy triggers in your home, not every family with asthma and allergies can replace their carpeting. Luckily there’s another way to reduce your triggers, and that’s to vacuum your carpets once or twice a week.
But it’s important to remember that not all vacuum cleaners are equal. Only Certified asthma & allergy friendly™ vacuums are scientifically proven to be more suitable for those with asthma and allergies.
Certified vacuums like the Rainbow Cleaning System must pass strict standards in order to earn Certification from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. But what’s unique about the Rainbow, is how it reduces allergens and irritants from your carpet.
The Rainbow uses water. The vacuum traps dirt, odors, and allergens using a water filtration system. The water filtration system pairs hydrodynamics (water in motion) and aerodynamics (air in motion) to trap what’s in your carpet. The remaining microscopic particles are caught by an additional HEPA filter.
So what makes the Rainbow a better option for people with asthma and allergies? This vacuum cleaner is scientifically proven to:
- Remove a significant amount of allergens from your carpet;
- Remove allergens and not just redistribute them back into your home's air;
- Maintain its capability to pick-up allergens when the bag or receptacle is partly filled; and
- Reduce your exposure to allergens when changing the bag or cleaning the receptacle.
But there's still more to it. In order for a vacuum to meet the above requirements, it must meet strict standards when:
- Comparing surface allergens before and after vacuuming;
- Monitoring airborne allergens during vacuuming;
- Counting particles to determine the air filtration system's integrity;
- Assessing performance when the vacuum bag or receptacle is full;
- Assessing dust emission when the vacuum bag or receptacle is full; and
- Assessing your exposure to allergens while changing the bag or cleaning the receptacle.
For more information about the Rainbow Cleaning System, click here.